Training and Events
The PHRC offers in-depth training, brief presentations, and events on many topics, which among others include the following:
- Civil Rights Law and PHRC Jurisdiction
- PHRC Overview & How to File a Complaint
- Disability & Reasonable Accommodation
- Sexual Discrimination in the Workplace
- Student Problem Identification and Resolution of Issues Together (SPIRIT) Training
- Implicit Bias
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI)
- Bias and Hate Crimes
- Fair Housing Fundamentals
- Service & Support Animals
Training and events are tailored to the specific needs of your organization or community. The variety of topics can be as broad as a civil rights overview and as specific as cyberbullying, sexual harassment, predatory lending, or making historic buildings accessible for people with disabilities. The goal of every training and event is to always:
- Promote equal opportunity
- Help communities, public agencies, businesses, and schools prevent or eliminate illegal discrimination
- For professionals (attorneys, architects, educators, etc.) seeking continuing education credits or teacher in-service.
- Mandated in a settlement or other legal order resolving a complaint of illegal discrimination.
- Requested by communities or organizations who want to be proactive in their approach to equal opportunity.
- Requested by communities or organizations in response to a specific problem.
How to Request a Training, Presentation, or
- Download and complete the Training Request Form
- Email or mail the completed request form to:
- Training Request
333 Market Street, 8th Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17126-0333
- Please submit training requests at least 30 days in advance.
- SPIRIT program and extensive training requests may require more advanced notice.